Saturday, February 9, 2008

Happenings of the week


My mom came last Sunday to visit us for the week and we are oh so sad to report that she left today. It was so much fun to have someone to bum around with and get us out and about each day. Emmie was funny with her, Emmie knows she isn't supposed to eat in the living room but grandma would eat crackers on the couch each day and Emmie would pretend to get on the phone and call the police on grandma and tell them to come and pick her up. lol I think the first time it happened my mom was a little taken back and offended by the fact that Emmie would want her grandma hauled off, but eventually she joined in and would tell Emmie she was going to be going with grandma since they were both sneaking food. I don't know where this obsession with police has come from but whenever Emmie does something bad and we tell her she will go to time out if she does it again she always asks if we are going to call the police to take her away. We have never threatened her with it so I don't know where she picked it up but I guess if the scare tactic works maybe we should pick it up :) Also when my mom was here it was nice to know that Allison doesn't just save her crazy attacks for me. She does this thing where she will grab my neck, face or whatever she can get a hold of and dive bomb me with kisses. It is so dang cute but a little aggressive at times and can end up hurting when she has such a tight hold on you. But she wouldn't share this attack with anyone but me until my mom came. It was nice to get a break every now and then and let her share her sweet slobber with someone else since she does this to me every time I hold her now. I wish I could have gotten a better picture of it but our battery was dying on our camera so I couldn't get a good picture of just how cute it is. Maybe I will have Darren try and take a picture of her doing it to me. Mom mom got Emmie a bunch of fun little toys while she was here but it's amazing the kind of fun that you can have with just a couple bucks spent on some crazy tunnel thing and an empty room...

Also this week we had our friends Chad and Ashleigh come and visit for a few hours with their little girls Jayden and Ryleigh. It was fun to see them for a short little bit. The girls played dress up while us girls watched and the boys talked health and homeopathics and what not. Then we went out to dinner. I didn't get many picture of the girls since they didn't really want to stay still long enough to snap a shot but here is a cute one of them putting thier shoes on.Here are another couple pictures of the girls from this week...
Emmie looks so happy in this picture it is actually a little creepy.

Allison had her first driving experience this week and did pretty well staying on the car


6 comments:

The Bluths said...

It's always nice to have parents come and visit. I can't believe how big Allie is already. (Is that how you spell it?)

Jenny said...

How fun! I'm glad you guys had such a nice time and were able to have a little break amidst the unpacking!

Derek and Teri said...

I loved seeing the picture of Teri in the tube.

Lynette said...

It is so fun to read you blog and be so excited to see you guys in a few days!! I love the pics!!!

Heather said...

Too bad you didn't have the tube in Rexburg! Where did you find it?

Darren and Traci said...

We found the tube at Ikea