Thursday, February 19, 2009

What are you doing with your refund???

This is the first year we are doing NOTHING with our return. Why you may ask, well we OWE money this year!!!



























How sucky is that? We were thinking we could tile our upstairs bathroom, add our 4th bedroom, pay off the hospital bills that we will soon get but nope we are shelling out $1,300 more to our lovely federal and state taxes instead. I hope everyone else is a lot more excited about their filing this year than we are and that you spend it on something fun and worth while.

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

we owe, too, and because of Chad's job, apparently there are a million more taxes that we get to pay that I didn't know about. Yippee....

Valerie: said...

hey i hear ya...taxes this year will be no fun. We are getting quite a bit back too but we are paying off credit card debt from moving twice in a year...uggg But I will be so glad when its paid off. Then we will only have to worry about our student loans!! wha whooo!! Too bad you had to pay more...well at least that means Darren made good money last year right??

Taylor said...

At least all you have to pay is $1,300. We get to give our government a whopping $10,500!!!! I almost cried when I got my taxes back from the accountant! The joys of being self employed. But I guess I can't complain because it means we made good money last year. And well so far this year has been better so I have something to look forward to again next year. Can you guess what that is? Yep! Paying more taxes. We are thinking about moving. I am actually kinda excited. If we move we will buy a BRAND NEW house. I'll keep you posted. JD will be in Utah next week overnight so I am sure he will be able to see Darren then. Take care!

Marissa and Blaine said...

How sad! I'm so sorry! What bad timing!