So I have slacked off a bit with making Emmie's first dentist appointment but the day finally came and we went in today for it. She did awesome! They did the cleaning and she was just happy as a clam watching the T.V. in the ceiling. During the cleaning the lady told me she thought Emmie might have a cavity but because Emmie's teeth are really close together she couldn't really tell. I was so sad to think she would already have one at 3 years old. So we took her back for x-rays to see for sure and low and behold no cavities!!! The dentist said her teeth look awesome but let me know that he is 90% sure that Emmie will need braces on her adult teeth. He said her teeth are nice and close now but when her bigger adult teeth come in it will be too crowded. Ah lovely, I was just hoping for no cavities but this will be a lot more expensive. Oh well at least they have given me so many years notice that I can start raiding Emmie's piggy bank now and maybe have enough to pay for them :) haha kidding. So moral of the story, I'm a slacker but her teeth are still fine despite not having a dentist take a look sooner.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are LUCKY!! My sister in law took her 3 year old boy in and he had like 15 cavities and needed 5 root canals! can you believe that?? I am scared to death to take grace in b/c of that!
I am glad Emmie did not have problems. We all did great in Portland but here we have had a few fillings. I know we don't have flouride in the water but is that why? Do you give Emmie little flouride toothpaste or what? I think flouride is important for teeth but I haven't found out what to do. Any ideas?
Lynette, I am surprised Darren hasn't had his water fluoridation talk with you yet. haha it's a long one so be prepared. Darren and I are actually against water fluoridation and want to get a whole house filter to even get it out of the shower water and everything. When we lived in rexburg we loved it because they run off of wells and don't fluoridate their water. We are totally for fluoride toothpastes and fluoride treatments at the dentist with it being put on your teeth but not ingesting it through drinking water or those crazy fluoride pills that you can get. That's just our two cents though. :)
You guys have always been really good at getting Emmie to brush her teeth. Yay for Emmie! How is preschool going?
Post a Comment