Sadly I haven't really taken any pictures since Christmas so I don't have any to post.
I'm blogging for sleep help though. I have been having a horrible time trying to sleep this pregnancy and hate taking drugs so I'm looking for ideas of what people do when they can't sleep.
I have been reading a ton lately to try to get myself tired but it takes hours before I even start to feel a little groggy and then once I turn out the light I still toss and turn.
I've tried taking baths at night to get my body to relax but that makes me a little sleepy while I'm in the bath but the second I get out I'm wide awake.
Most days I don't drink caffeine but if I do it's a coke at lunch time so shouldn't really do anything to keep me from sleeping.
I have taken Tylenol PM a couple times but the last time I took it the next day I was so groggy and my head felt like I had been hit by a truck until after lunch and that wasn't cool.
I have tried breathing techniques to try to relax my body and mind and that hasn't done jack.
I'm not super stressed and don't stay up thinking about things most nights it's just that my mind and body won't relax and when I can fall asleep I can't stay asleep. I swear I can't remember a single night this pregnancy that I have slept all through the night. Sad huh!?!
So there's what has been going on so now what do you do when you can't sleep? I need some ideas!!! I'm at the point that I will try almost anything (except major sleep aids) I just can't seem to function during the day anymore and everything seems to be more difficult even when it's normal everyday things just because I can't focus.
I don't want this to seem like a downer post because really everything is good with my pregnancy and life in general at the Johnson home so I will try to take some pictures to post in the next couple days to make up for the lack of them in this one.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh Traci!!! I am so sorry! Hang in there. As soon as the baby gets here she will be keeping you awake too. Lucky you. :)
I always went to the couch.
Traci, I am sooo sorry! I used to sleep on the couch too. i would read until all hours of the night or watch movies. I'm so sorry! hang in there!!
It was great to hear from you. The only advise I can give you on sleep is to try some meditation, that is the only thing that works for me. If you do deep breathing you have to remember that nothing can enter your head, keep out the ideas in your head and only think about each breath. Try it for 20 min and you should be asleep. The more you do it, the faster it works. We have to get together with everyone this spring. I will set up a time with Jamie and let you know.
oh traci! i FEEL your pain!! i can't sleep for jack crap right now. mainly because the baby is most active at night and also b/c i have to pee every 5 seconds. i have resorted to taking sleeping pills on my MOST DESPERATE nights. like you i really hate to take any meds at all when i'm pregnant. but when you need it, you need it! btw i can't take tylenol PM. it leaves feeling like i have a hang over or something for hours after i wake up. the only thing that seems to help me sleep and not give the "after drug" effect is unisom. good luck!
I had the same problem when I was pregnant. I always ate a small bowl of cereal before bed and for some reason that always helped, not sure why. Other than that, I still woke up all through the night. And tossed and turned trying to sleep. Sorry I'm not much help. I've heard drinking some warm milk is supposed to help also. Good luck! I'm glad everything else is going well.
Post a Comment