Sunday, January 25, 2009

Still just hanging around

My poor girls' lives have been so boring lately! We have been spending a lot of time at home cleaning and organizing in preparation for this baby so we don't have very many pictures. The girls have been troopers with putting up with me while I have been scrubbing the house and sorting clothes and shredding papers and anything else that I have come up with to do during my crazy "nesting" stage.

Other than the boring cleaning and whatnot Emmie has had some days recently that I thought I needed to check her into the loony bin, or myself, because she has been being a little too much to handle at times and it has been tough on me this late in pregnancy. I think she is just going through a little bit of a defiant stage right now that she is testing the waters with attitude and sass to see what she can get away with. I have talked with a lot of people for advice and I have 3 books on hold at the library that will hopefully give me some ideas and good insight to dealing with this fun new stage that she's at. The last 2 days she has been an absolute dream but after having some days from hell (excuse me) I want to be prepared in case we revisit those kind of days again. I'll let ya know what I think of them after I get and read them so maybe down the line it can help someone else who might be dealing with a crazy drama queen, mood swinging, impulsive girl like mine! :)

Here are a couple pictures of the girls just hanging out.

Allison loves to sit at the table and color. The last picture of her with her duck lips cracks me up. She does this face at the dinner table all the time trying to get us to laugh at her while we're eating.


















































This first picture of Emmie I took while hiding behind the island in the kitchen. The story with it was that she asked if she could stir the noodles and I told her no because I couldn't come and help her right then since I had my hands full. Well then everything became quiet so I knew what she was going to do, go stir the noodles anyway. So I dropped my stuff and grabbed the camera to sneak up on her and when I took the picture she about flew through the roof because I scared her so bad. I was laughing so hard when I asked her if she was planning on stirring the noodles after I told her not to and she got all shy and said "no" and that's when I took the other picture. So to some people these look like ordinary pictures but to me they totally show my mischievous little girl.































No comments: