Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy day late Anniversary To Us

Darren and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary yesterday!!! We decided to go out to dinner and then out to a live theater play. Can you believe that since we have had our kids we have never hired a babysitter other than family or friends to watch our kids!?! That being said we finally did yesterday for the first time. I have really been wanting steak and shrimp so we went out to eat at McGraths Fish House and it was sooo good. They do their shrimp in a beer batter that just melts in your mouth when you eat it, yum. We normally don't order dessert when we eat out because we get too full but we decided to get one anyway yesterday and got this Chocolate Ganache Cake over a Chocolate Cookie Crust with a Marionberry Puree and Whipped Cream and can you tell just by the description that it was heavenly! Oh how I love food! After dinner we went to a live parody theater that was hilarious. The play that they were doing was "Indiana Bones". The theater has these cute tables that you sit at and they give you popcorn and you can order food, drinks or dessert items. We had never been before but we will be going back for sure. We are thinking about maybe getting season tickets for next year since it was that much fun.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Congrats on 5 years! That's exciting!

Jenny said...

So you've discovered Desert Star :) Dan and I have been going there since our dating days 11 years ago. That is the best place! We've often talked about getting season tickets as well. Gratz on 5 years you guys, I'm glad you were able to get out and celebrate.

Derek and Teri said...

Happy anniversary. Your anniversaries mark the time we have lived in Clatskanie since your marriage and our move happened at the same time.

Lindsey said...

Oh I'm so glad you guys had so much fun for your anniversary. That theater sounds great, and so does your dinner :) You're a funny girl, you're all about the season pass.

Valerie: said...

Congrats on the anniversary!! I cant believe you have only gotten your family to babysit. Have you always lived close by to someone. That must have been nice!! Hope you guys are doing good.

Lynette said...

Sounds awesome!! I loved reading all your blog and how you guys have been all summer!! We have been so busy with our house that I haven't read your blog for a while. It is great!! We are excited to see you guys!!