We had two really fun days so far this week. Monday I called up a girl in my ward that I had met at the the zoo when I went with my neighbor. She seemed really nice and so we had exchanged numbers. She has a little boy that is two and is seriously the sweetest little guy. He is always smiling and happy. So we decided to go out to eat at Burger King so the kids could play on the play structure while us girls could talk. We stayed there a while and then took the kids to the carousel at the mall. We then walked around the mall a bit. They have a place at our mall that is a dinosaur play area that they played in for a while. After that we got some ice cream at the food court and called it a day. We had so much fun though. Emmie LOVES her little boy and I really enjoyed talking to Sharee. We will be getting together again with them sometime soon for sure!
Yesterday we hit up the zoo with my sister in law Jen and her four kids. It was such a nice day out. I actually got a little burnt on one arm and the back of my neck. Summer's finally coming I hope!!! Anyway, we took the train ride which the kids of course loved. Even Allison seemed to be totally into it. Then we just walked around looking at the animals, had some snacks and went home. The only thing I was bummed about is the kettle corn station wasn't open!!! I normally don't really think kettle corn is all that great but this zoo has the most amazing kettle corn! Emmie could have stayed at the zoo all day and was sad to go home but since we have a zoo pass we will be frequenting it a lot this summer I'm sure so I was able to reassure her we will be back soon.



Then we wake up today to sick kids. Blah! Emmie is coughing and Allie has some major snot going on. It doesn't help that she is also having teething going on on top of a cold now. So she is clingy and tired. Emmie is feeling fine despite her cough and doesn't see why we have to stay home and can't play with anyone today. But I am quarantining this cold because I don't want to spread it and then get it back again in another week or so. So today is PJs and movies day.
6 comments:
I wish kids didn't get sick so easily! It would definitely make life a little bit easier!
PICTURES!!! :) You took pictures! :) good job. Sorry about the colds. Dang sicknesses! :( Bummer...but PJs and Movies sure do sound good to me!
I miss the utah zoo so bad!!! I told jeff that we have to go this summer, maybe we could all get together and go since you have passes! I love the kettle corn too;) sounds like you guys are busy! I love the first sunburn summer seems to come fast after that!
How fun to live close enough to the zoo to get a pass. I bet you'll definitely get your money's worth. Can't wait for this Saturday, Emma keeps talking about E-me coming and says 'hooray!'
Sounds like you guys have been having fun! Pass some of the good weather this way though! I love the pic of Emmie on the fence. She looks as tall as her cousins...til you look at her feet.
Have I mentioned how much I love having you here?! I hope we have more fun "fieldtrips" this summer!
Post a Comment