
Oh my what fun we have been having here lately. So Allison started getting sick on Friday and by Saturday night she was freaking me out so bad with how she sounded and how she kept gagging and choking that I took her to the E.R. I would have tried her doctors office first but it was closed. So her and I spent a couple hours there while they did a throat and face X-ray to make sure there was nothing causing her to choke in her throat and also seeing if her sinuses are developed properly. Well she checked out ok in those areas so they told me just to watch her close and sleep upright with her and give her Tylenol every 4 hours for her fever. A couple hours after we got home we were sitting on the couch and she was asleep so I placed her in her infant seat, she was in there for only a little bit before she started gagging so I picked her up and she proceeded to throw up more than I have ever seen a child do. Luckily I was able to hold her mostly over her seat so it didn't get everywhere. Well then she got all shaky so I called the hospital back and asked what else I should be doing. They told me to take her off breast milk for the night and give her pedialite. That night sucked trying to sleep. She woke up every hour choking and gagging and I would try to use a bulb syringe to get any mucus I could out of her mouth and nose but with little outcome. Sunday she still sounded horrible but seemed to be doing better until that evening when she decided to reenact her previous throw up episode but this time all over me. So we knew we were in for another long night. We decided to try to have her sleep in her bassinet but have it propped up on books instead of out on the couch again. I guess that ended up being a good idea since she had breathing issues all night long and ended up gagging and choking yet again which turned into projectile vomit all over the bassinet and herself instead of the floor and couch. Monday she was doing pretty well and I knew the doctors couldn't do anything for her so we just hung out all day. Well that's also the day that Emmie woke up worse off. Emmie had been telling us she didn't feel well all weekend but it wasn't until Monday morning that she had a bad fever and was getting even more congested. So today we are again laying low and resting and dealing with two fevers and snotty noses. Allison still sounds really junky in her sinuses but she isn't so lethargic so I think she is on the mend but I think we have just begun with Emmie. Hope you have enjoyed this long post about our woes. And since we haven't been out much in the last couple days here are some pictures of what we have been doing...sleeping when we can.

6 comments:
Traci- That is horrible! That sounds like the week Dan went out of town to Colorado and Joe threw up for 3 days straight, all over me several times, then Rachel was sick as well, I just couldn't keep up and I was all by myself for the whole thing! I hope they get better, it's so scary when your little babies get sick though!
Yuck! I'm glad that Allie is doing a bit better though. That little girl has some powerful force.
Traci, I'm so sorry. That's horrible! That's good that Allie seems to be getting better, but it sucks being there alone and having to deal with all this crap. Call me if you can't stand it ;-)
Ethan and I asked ourselves which is worse: Diarrhea (the way we had it) or throwing up. Even though we only threw up once each while we were sick we decided that it is worse. So hopefully Emmie doesn't start throwing up too!
Poor kids!! Brayden had a bug this last week that allowed us the opportunity of cleaning up adult size puke several times as well! Fortunately though, his didn't really seem to have an effect on his attitude. I totally feel for you Traci! (well, as much as I can since I only have 1 sick kid!)
you guys are such troopers to deal with all that. It makes you appreciate when they are normal healthy kids!!
Post a Comment