Saturday, November 24, 2007

House

So since I last posted a ton more happened. The sellers countered our offer, we countered back, they rejected our offer. We then went to the house and relooked at it to see if we really liked it as much as we remembered and again felt like it was the right house for us. So that night we told our agent we wanted to submit a new offer and the next morning (which happened to be Thanksgiving) they accepted our offer!!! We are totally stoked and can't believe that this is going to be our home in just a few short weeks as long as everything checks out with inspections and closing. Ok so I don't have a picture of the outside of the house so I am including two pictures of the kitchen since Darren and I like it so much. Some people might not understand the two-tone look of the cabinets but we love it and it looks so good in person, pictures really don't do it justice. We originally went down to Utah thinking we would just stay Monday night and hoped that we could at least get the ball rolling with the home buying but didn't imagine we would stay almost a whole week and come back to Idaho with an accepted offer on a house and signing a bunch of paperwork. We are so thankful for Darren's brother and sister-in-law for letting us stay at their place. Jen took care of Emmie almost everyday for us since we were such basket cases and trying to get as much as we could get done in such a short time. We had so much fun staying up late playing games and talking to them and can't wait to move down there and be closer to them. Emmie didn't want to leave her cousins and was so sad as we drove away and kept asking us if she could live with them. We are coming into even more stress as this semester is coming to an end and now with getting all the needed paperwork done with this house but at the same time feel so blessed and at peace with where our lives seem to be leading us right now, we truly couldn't ask for more. Ok sure we can, a truck load of money would help a lot right now, lol, but other than that life is great.

7 comments:

The Bluths said...

Wow that's a big kitchen! I'm excited to see what the rest of the house looks like. Congrats! Where in Utah is it?

Darren and Traci said...

I guess I should have said... the house is in Draper Utah.

Chad said...

AAAH! Traci, I'm so jealous! I love it. It looks so awesome. I still haven't been able to call ya back, but I'll do that as soon as I have a break from the kids so I can actually talk. Yay, it's really nice, I love it, you make me sick! I can't wait to come and visit you guys! Congrats!

Ashleigh said...

oops, that last comment was from me, Ashleigh, not Chad...obviously

Jenny said...

It was so much fun having you here, Joe keeps asking for Emmie and wants to play with her! We are so excited to have you close by! Hopefully next time you won't be up to your elbows in puke...you really are cool for helping us too! Abby broke down and sobbed for an hour after you left. She already missed you guys! Let us know if you need anything at all.

Lynette said...

I am sad we probably won't see you before you leave for Christmas. We have to find a good time we can come down for the weekend and visit you and everyone. Maybe we can convince mom to come to SLC instead of Dad going to Portland for one of the weekends in Jan or Feb. WE love you guys a whole bunch and it means a lot to us that you keep in touch and let us know about your lives. We love this house you got and are so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

your new house is sooo stinkin cute!! Val