It all seems so easy to do in theory but man it's hard to find what needs to fall by the wayside to make room for the important things. It doesn't help that I'm anal about things like dishes never being left in the sink, a clean house and other time sucking, necessary things. I seem to over analyze things and try to bite off more than I can chew but hate to not finish or succeed at something. I hate feeling like things aren't done. Every time I'm in our garage I cringe at the thought that we have unorganized boxes sitting on the shelves. When I get clothes out for the girls in the morning I'm totally bugged about the fact that I have clothes that they have outgrown still hanging up and not put into bins awaiting the next kid to wear them.
So where is all this going... well this crazy mind numbing stuff seems to be just the tip of the ice burg of my life and why I don't blog on a regular basis. I would love to sit at the computer for hours and show pictures of my adorable babies and talk up how great my kids are, since I think they are the most awesome thing out there, but I just get so sucked up in living my life that this just seems to be one of the things that I drop the ball on since it seems like a less important thing. Even though I say that I still think it is a little important since this is how I keep family and friends who live far away updated on our life and show them how big my babies are getting. I think family and friends are very important in life. After all who's there to help you up when life is kicking your trash, certainly not your clean house or dishes.
Although I don't have anymore time to write more about what's going on with us since I have stuff to get done before the youngest ones wake up from their naps I'm going to try to do short little snip its from now on. It might just be a short little blurb with maybe a picture or two but that is the compromise I have come to with myself to not totally neglect my family and blogging friends but also not neglecting my crazy busy life and kids.
Here's Allison on her 2nd b-day, Eliza jamming in her Bumbo chair and Emmie all ready for her first day of school, can't get past how dang grown up those kids look in those uniforms!
10 comments:
I don't know how ANYONE with 3 little kids finds time to blog! Seriously. Shocking. Your kids are cuter than ever I swear. And how come Emmie is wearing a uniform? Is she going to a private school?
Yay..a post! I totally GET you! I neglect wayy too many people in my life and neglect myself and important things like my reading scriptures and going to the temple because everything else has to fit in neat little boxes. Hailey just had her birthday and I didn't realize we didn't have birthday candles, I went to the pool only a handful of times this summer (instead of all the time like last year), I had $10 in library fines (so much for those weekly trips to the library!), my grandparents need company, but I'm too busy, Dan wants to go shooting but I have no interest and feel like there are other things more important to do with my time...The list goes on. I think we're all just doing the best we can! You are awesome! Give yourself some credit!
what grade is emmie in? Kindergarten? Does she go to a private school? I bet you are doing a great job. Your kids seem like happy, good girls. Just do all the cleaning kind of stuff when they are sleeping. If emmie is gone at school during the day then you should have a little more time with just 2 at home. My advice is for people feeling like they have too much going on and worrying about not spending enough time with your kids is don't plan too many things in your day that is not realistic, only have as many kids as you can HANDLE mentally and physically so then you can ENJOY them more and don't have them really close in age cause that just causes chaos!!
Good luck girl!
Love the uniform! Love the long worded post, I agree with all of it. Especially the part about your clean house and dishes not coming to your rescue. I just wish I had a magic wand like from Harry Potter or something. Hmmm, maybe I'll look into black magic and voo-doo. I'll let you knwo if I find anything.
Even if the garage gets clean and the closets get organized, there will always be something more. This post shows what a good mom you are though, because you worry about all of the things you want to fit in the little time that you have. I think you need to just keep up doing what you're doing. You are a fantastic mom, with 3 happy, beautiful, lucky girls. I think you are doing a pretty dang good job.
...so good, maybe it's time for another ;)
Traci, you are my hero. I am sure you are doing a fantastice job with all of your obligations and duties. Your girls are all beautiful!
So fun to hear from you. I just pray everyday... a lot...He is the only one who knows what you need to do. Kate started Kindergarten and I was trying to remember when Emmie turns 5. Will she be 5 this November? Very awesome pics.
I totally agree with the worrying. I think all mom's go through the how does any mom do this? I am sure you are a fantastic mom and you are so lucky to have three amazing daughters. If it makes you feel any better, I only do one short post a week and call it photo friday, because it mostly just a few pics from the week.
p.s.- Don't forget YOU time. That is the most important. If you feel better, you can help your family feel better!
You guys are all so awesome. Thanks for all the uplifting comments. It's nice to hear other moms tidbits since we are all in the same boat raising kids even if they are different ages.
To the questions about Emmie's uniform, she is in preschool again this year because her birthday is in November so she didn't make the cutoff for kindergarten. She's going to a charter school not a private school. (if you don't know what those are they are kind of a publicly funded private school) I'm hoping we can get her into a charter school again next year since they are awesome around here but since it's a lottery system we will have to wait and see.
Post a Comment