
So Allison is still going strong but I'm about to fall apart! She has had very few accidents in the last couple days and they have been either right next to the toilet or on it (she has tried to pee on the toilet with her panties still on) She has even pooped on the toilet (Gross I know but other moms will understand the awesomeness of that) She is really doing fantastic but it's so much harder to keep up with her when I'm having the other 2 kiddos to keep happy as well, especially with nursing Lyza. I swear every time I try to nurse her Allison thinks it's a great time to go sit down and need her bum wiped or take her panties off for the fun of it and try and run around naked. I then need to put Eliza down over and over again and she cries of course. I was left truly haggard after the day was over yesterday. I felt like each of the kids was left unfulfilled and wanting more of my attention and I hate that feeling. I felt stretched too thin but still wanted to be able to give more to each of them and it left me a little emotionally drained as well as physically exhausted. I still don't know if these days of letting her try out potty training will really stick but am willing to keep letting her try it out as long as she keeps doing so well but I think I will need a vacation afterwards. ok maybe just a yummy pie or something ;)
4 comments:
Hey BE STRONG!! Just think, a month or maybe even sooner of this and then no more diapers for two or months more of changing two diapers!! Yeah potty training is not my idea of a fun time but soooo worth it when its done. That's why I worked so hard to get sydney potty trained when she turned 2, way before London came along!!
That's great that Allison is doing so well! I understand how tiresome Mommyhood is, hang in there :)
Wow sounds crazy there. At least she is willing. Mason gave up on me...
NO WAY that girl is already potty training! holy cow!! she grew up over night, i swear! congrats to you though. it will be nice to have that out of the way. :)
and juggling 3 kids is no easy task! how did our parents ever do this? i know exactly how you feel, and it SUCKS to feel like you haven't or weren't able to do enough for your kids at the end of the day. hopefully our kids will come out undamaged from all of our goofy mistakes as parents. i'm sure your doing wonderfully. hang in there, and go get some pie. ;)
Post a Comment