Monday, April 26, 2010

Mid or Late?

So I'm 26. Does that mean I can still consider myself in my mid 20's or have a graduated to the late 20's? I'm hoping to eek out another year of the mid's so bear with me people. I spent extra long getting ready on my birthday. I was looking at my face, making sure none of those pesky wrinkles have made a home yet. Took a good look at the bod and mentally noted a couple areas to be worked on. Some, lets face it, only a plastic surgeon can fix. Can we say start saving for some new ladies? ;) Throughout the day I was more reflective of my last 25 years on this earth and noting what were maybe some not so great things I've accomplished and then making sure to double note the things that I have done well to cancel out the dumb things. Although I hope every birthday from here on out doesn't start with the critical examinations it was nice to reflect on the last 25 years and realize that I'm doing alright and happy with where I am. I have a fabulous little family and lots of people who love me.

So although my feelings for turning 26 were a little along these lines....


















scared excitement. I'm excited to see what the next quarter of a CENTURY hold for me. :)

So in honor of my new year older I thought I'd entertain you all with some info. You can call it an "All you never cared to know about Traci but she's willing to share" :)

  • I love my crazy kids. I think I'm safe to say a lot of would-be moms would run for the hills if they stayed a day in our house but my wild and fun kids are my world. And even when I want to pull my hair out I wouldn't trade them for anything
  • I have one of the most amazing husbands. I know few other men who can put up with so much estrogen with such grace. I could go on forever but we'll just say, he's amazing.
  • Some songs I love right now are: Taylor Swift-Today was a Fairytale, Matisyahu-One day, Chris Daughtry-Life after you, The Script-Breakeven, Kris Allen-Live like we're dying, Parachute-She is love
  • I doubt myself a lot. This is more of one of those "need to work on" things. I used to be so sure of everything until I become responsible for so many people. Now I always second guess things and hope I'm doing my best at everything
  • I like to do things my own way and have learned to bite my tongue and relax more when I get help from others. (I'm still weird about people messing around in my kitchen. Hey I'm not perfect)
  • I'm desperately in love with coke and can't imagine life without it.
  • I love to do things spontaneously. This has become a little more difficult with kids but I still love to just jump in the car and go with no plans.
  • I can get mad and then get over it quick. I don't hold grudges and I can't stand when others do, life's too short to be upset all the time.
  • I wear flip flops all year long. But this year I vow to buy another pair of heels.
  • I live in jeans and t-shirts. But I also vow this year to buy another dress.
  • I can talk to anyone for hours. I don't care if we just met in a pet store line. I could go out to lunch with them and shoot the breeze forever. I can thank my mom for this gift of gab ;)
  • If I had millions I would travel with my kids. I would love to show them the world. But not just the cool landmarky type places. I would love to take them to little villages everywhere and show them what real work and love are when people have nothing to give but themselves.
  • I love to eat. I'm not the type of person to try everything though. If it smells like crap I'm not putting it in my mouth just to say I did. I'm a social eater. I love to go out to lunch and have friends to dinner.
  • I bite off more than I can chew a lot and get stressed when I can't do it all.
  • I love to read.
  • I'm super cheap. Maybe a better word would be frugal but I just call it cheap. I have no problem asking for them to dump out my coke and refill it with less ice so I can get more. I have no shame using coupons or asking if something is going to go on sale soon.
  • Redbox has become my new bestfriend. Pairing a cheap movie with my pjs and a comfy couch, doesn't get much better than that.
  • I love to workout and kick my body to do things I know it can do. I don't have the rock hard bod I should with the amount of work I put into it. But I still enjoy it. On that note, as you can see in the above pic, for my b-day Darren bought me the Insanity set. It's a crazy workout program that I'm starting it today. Wish me luck and hope I don't keel over from the intensity of it.
So there is some Traci awesomeness for you and I guess the conclusion I've come to after my birthday is that even if I'm mid or late 20's I'm still living, healthy and happy. But call me late 20's and I'll hurt you. ;)

7 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!
I hope your fam spoils you like you deserve.
(definitely still mid. definitely. I say late isn't until 27. at least.)

Natalie Smith said...

Happy Birthday! You look awesome! I turned 26 in Sept. and went through the thinking about how close the 30 mark was...ahhhh! Oh well...you said it...no wrinkles yet and happy and healthy! Nothing better...Cheers to you!

jlcumber said...

I love this blog. It is great and so are you!!! The next 25 years of your life will be as wonderful as the first! You are one awesome girlie Traci. Love you lots

Michael and Lindsay Condie said...

26 is definitely MID-20's. I wouldn't refer to "late" 20's until 28. You look beautiful still and I loved learning some cute things about you!

Lynette said...

So awesome to hear all these things about you!! Darren did good.

The Bluths said...

I just think about how Ethan is going to be 30 before me. Muwahaha.

Let me know what you think of the insanity workout. I'm curious.

Marissa and Blaine said...

Happy belated birthday! I love your list! Way to go for doing Insanity! You're a better woman than me! =)
If it makes you feel any better, I just asked Blaine if 26 is mid or late 20s and he immediately responded, "Mid, definitely. Late 20s is 28." So don't you worry. =)