My mom has been here for the last week and we just took her to the airport today. She couldn't have come on a better week for me since I was not functioning at my normal level because I haven't been sleeping lately. I'm sure it wasn't the most fun trip for her since we did a lot of lounging around but it was nice for me to have another pair of hands around. I got her a guest pass at my gym while she was here and she took the kids almost everyday or would take Emmie while I stayed here during Allison's nap and it would give me a little break, it was awesome. One of the days she was here we opted for a pedicure at our gyms spa so we took the girls to the kids play area and they watched them while my mom and I got our feet worked on. Also she babysat for Darren and I to be able to take a belated anniversary weekend trip. We had wanted to get away for the weekend back in August but things fell through so she said she would come this month to watch the kids over the weekend for us. We didn't go far just to a nice
hotel in downtown Salt Lake but it was a really nice weekend getaway. I haven't ever left Allison overnight and haven't left Emmie since she was 18 months old so it was weird to leave them but was so nice to have some time away. We were able to sleep when we wanted, we hit up a movie, walked around town, went to a spa on Saturday and Darren got a massage and I got a facial. It was just the little break we needed.
If anyone ever wants to try out an awesome spa in Salt Lake the one we went to is a holistic Japanese spa called the
Kura Door. I guarantee you will enjoy it!

Of course being the grandma that my mom is she came bearing gifts. With the whole family reunion going on in August she had forgotten to give Allie her birthday gifts so she brought those and she also brought Emmie some early birthday presents so she would be able to see Emmie enjoying them. Emmie LOVES tools and has wanted some for a long time and my mom found some awesome ones that both the girls can't get enough of.
I wish I would have taken more pictures from the visit or from our outing in Salt Lake for the weekend but what can I say, I'm a slacker. But here's a couple of Allison in the backyard playing while my mom was here. Emmie and Allie LOVE to play out back. Allison has a thing for the garden and likes to sit in it and play with the dirt. If she didn't look so dang cute doing it I might get mad at constantly having to wash her off. I have also found Emmie "planting seeds" in the garden, which is really her planting rocks. I guess we will have a little more work ahead of us next year picking out all of Emmie's "seeds" to be able to till up the ground.
4 comments:
Oh man, Allie is just cute as a button! I love her!
Sounds like you had a lot of fun in salt lake. It's always nice to have mom's come visit and help out. Allie is getting so big. I cant tell who she looks like. I thunk Emma looks just like Darren but i cant tell with allie. Maybe its a mix of the both of you!!
You little girls are so so so cute!! I can't even believe how grown up Emmie is! And a SPA trip!! Lucky lady!
hey tracie! how are ya these days? i can't seem to get onto your prego blog. blogger keeps blocking me! :P would you mind sending me another invite?? i'd LOVE to see your prego-ness! ;)
Post a Comment