Thursday, April 10, 2008

I know... long time no blog

In the mist of it I haven't felt all that busy but then looking back at what has been going on for the last couple weeks I guess I have been on the go a lot. I need to just keep up blogging as I go instead of having to do long recap blogs but the time just gets away from me and before I know it weeks are gone. So here is the last couple weeks...

Mar. 28th-29th we watched Darren's brother's 4 kids over night. Emmie was in cousin heaven and never wanted them to leave. After they went home she kept asking for more sleepovers. We'll have to do it again sometime soon since Emmie really enjoyed it. Their kids are so fun and easy that it feels more like they are helping me then me being the one helping them sometimes.

Apr. 2nd-9th Emmie, Allison and I went to Oregon. We saw my new nephew who is so dang cute and has a TON of hair. It is so crazy to see the difference just a few months makes in babies. Allison looked like a beast up next to him. We also went to the beach while we were there. It was rainy all the way there but I have told Emmie every time we go to Oregon that we will go but it always falls through so this time I decided rain or shine she was going to get to see the ocean and play in the sand. We went to a couple different beaches to find the least amount of rain so she could enjoy herself more. When we got out on the sand the rain stopped and the sun came out a little bit. The water was of course colder then heck and the waves were crashing in pretty intensely but it was so much fun. I didn't get out my camera since I thought it would rain so sadly I have no pictures of her or my drenched pants from a wave catching me off guard. We got a couple pictures of Emmie having a blast in a couple huge puddles but those are on my mom's camera. While in Oregon we also went to Papa's pizza with all her cousins and that was a lot of fun since Emmie is now old enough to be on her own without me having to watch her every move so she just ran herself tired and crashed hard in the car afterwards.

Apr 10th I did laundry and unpacked from Oregon, yippee, I know.

Apr 11th-13th Emmie had a friend over for a few hours on Friday and I packed for Idaho. After Darren got home from work we went up to Idaho Falls to stay the weekend with our friends Becky and Travis. We went out to dinner and watched movies and just enjoyed their company. Saturday we had to go to Rexburg to check out my parents condo and give the keys to the new renters. Then Sunday we made our way back home.

Apr. 14th-15th Monday we went to the mall then grocery shopping and then hung out with our neighbor and her little girls. It just so happens that she has two little girls that are only a couple months difference than Emmie and Allie, pretty cool. We went over to her house for a bit and then walked down to the park. After Darren got home from work we went to the gym. We haven't been able to make it there for almost a month with all the things that have been going on so it was nice to make it back. Today Emmie slept until 10am and then we got her ready and went over to hang out with her cousins. She has missed them a ton with being gone so the whole way there she was asking if we were close yet and telling me how excited she was. Allison has a little cold and you can tell she doesn't really feel that well but she is such a good baby that she puts on a smile anyway. Today she stood up all by herself. Ah I am so sad about it. I don't want her to grow up! She was so happy with herself she she started to do a pant/laugh and sounded like she might hyperventilate, it was so cute. Emmie was so proud of her she has been telling anyone and everyone about it all day. She is seriously the sweetest big sister ever.

There is the play by play lol. I will try to be better! Nothing too time consuming is in the immediate future so I should have some time to sit down to blog. And I will try to be more diligent with the pictures. I have been sucking it up in that department but it is so hard to snap pictures when I am almost always carrying Allison at the same time.

Strange... I don't know why this blog is saying I posted it on the 10th oh well. I really posted it on the 15th.

4 comments:

jlcumber said...

She is back! :) good. I am so sad I missed you while you were here. Dang. Jaime and I are going out to see her NEXT Sunday. Can't wait to see that baby boy.

Glad you had a good trip and that you are all home safe and sound.

Push that little baby down...she is too little to be standing up! :) HEE HEE!

Walker Family said...

Well, we are glad to hear you have just been busy and that you didn't really drop off the face of this earth! It sounds like you guys are always doing something fun. No wonder you don't have time to blog. And I would have to disagree with you, Traci, I think you could wear your hair anyway that you wanted. You are truly a beautiful gal and I think you could pull pretty much anything off. . with the exception of corn rows- I could be mistaken though! Glad you are back and that you had such a good time with all your adventures!

The Bluths said...

Well it's about time! You have been busy!

Lynette said...

We just missed you! We were in Rexburg on the 9th doing the same thing - and helping RaeLynn move out. It was our Spring Break so we tried to make it fun!!