Thursday, March 20, 2008

Washer

So excuse me while I rant... We bought our new washer and dryer at the end of January and they are the coolest ever, minus the fact that our washer likes to take walks by itself. The day they installed it I knew something was off with the washer because it was going nuts doing a little dance in our laundry room. So I called the installation techs back and they told me to try to mess around with the feet on it. It still had issues so I called them back again a few weeks later after giving it time to calm down and realize it was a washer and not in fact human but it didn't work. So they came back out to adjust it. After they did it stopped walking but still bumps all around and it sounds like it is about to fall through the floor. (our laundry room is upstairs) So after a couple more calls they tell me today to just call up good ole LG since that is the maker and I got the privilege of talking to an idiot of a person. He actually asked me if I could just move my washer downstairs to see if that helps. I was thinking I heard him wrong, after I repeated what he said fully thinking he would realize the stupidity in that comment. He just sat there so I said oh sure I'll go grab it and magically create a new laundry room downstairs. Mean? Maybe but common seriously, move my laundry room? What is he smoking? So after that I kind of lost it and just told him to send someone out to fix it and that was all I needed him to help me with. So I have someone coming on Monday to check it out yet again and hopefully perform an exorcism on it this time and make it work right. Doesn't it make you so mad when you pay the money for something and fully expect it to work right only to get the run around instead!?!

10 comments:

Taylor said...

I think there is just something wrong with those types of washers. It doesn't seem to matter what we do to ours and it still sounds like it is going to shake itself apart. It really doesn't sound good as it is banging against the dryer. Good Luck with that. Let me know how it turns out.

The Bluths said...

Oh how I wish we had a new one!

Jenny said...

YES! How frustrating!

Walker Family said...

Oh man! Our washer does the same thing! It shakes the whole house for 10 minutes while its spinning and moves like 6 inches from its spot. Gotta love modern machines! I really think you guys are being picky about having your laundry room upstairs?? ;) Darren should just move it for you, Traci! :)

Valerie: said...

Some people are complete idiots and there is no helping them. I hope everything works out. I am jealous you got a new washing machine. I need a new one bad, especially the dryer! ahhh Maybe one day when we finish school and become rich!!

Lynette said...

So one of these postings I want you to tell me 10 things you love - love to eat, love to do, love to watch, love to hear, love to smell, anything and everything you really love. And have Darren do the same!!

Heather said...

I think we should go on strike against all these stinkin' machines-no telemarketer phone calls, no squeaky brakes, no fuzzy TVs, no crashing computers, and DEFINITELY no human washing machines!

jlcumber said...

Thanks for the comments girlie...when will you be heading over to meet little mr. colton???

Amy said...

I just thought of you when I asked who was running the washing machine and nobody had started it. I checked and it wasn't running...there was a helicopter flying over us. Yikes. That's a front loader for ya.

Amy (McCumber)

jlcumber said...

Hey girlie...you are being missed right now!!! The girls keeping you extra busy or what? :)