Monday, January 28, 2008

Rexburg Temple Open House

While living in Rexburg we lived right down the hill from the temple and got to see it out our window each day and see the progress of the construction on it. Also our church building was right next to it so every Sunday we would get an up close view of it. Emmie would constantly talk about it and tell us how she wanted to go inside. When we moved in December we were pretty bummed that the construction wasn't done on it so we could take her through, but we decided to make a special trip back up so we could take her inside. Darren had to go out of town for work training last week so I went up to Idaho with the girls while he was gone and stayed with my brother and sister in law for a couple days and then Darren joined us on Friday night. Friday we spent the night with my old roommate Becky and her husband Travis in Idaho Falls and then all of us went to the open house Saturday morning. The temple is beautiful and it was so awesome to be able to take Emmie through it even though I'm sure she probably won't remember it. Sorry Becky I know you didn't want me to post pictures but I liked the group shot of us all and the one of us together so I couldn't resist. Forgive me :)
This picture cracks me up, Darren's eyes are totally closed and I am making a really strange face. The sun was so bright in our eyes it felt like they were going to burn out of our heads. Travis, Becky, Emmie, Darren, me, and Allison standing at the back of the templeAwww so cute. Old Roomies!!!

6 comments:

The Bluths said...

Man, I wish we could have been able to see it. It was no where near done when we left. I think they had just finished the outside steps.

Jenny said...

That temple is so beautiful! How awesome you were able to go!

Taylor said...

LUCKY!!! We wanted to go so bad but due to the weather and JD's work we couldn't go. We will try and come visit you when this blizzard of a winter finally goes away. Hopefully soon. By looks of it (snowed all day) it won't clear up any time soon!

Ashleigh said...

That's awesome that you got to go. I'm glad that you got out of the house and were able to stay with your sister in law. I'd hate to have you go psycho on me, especially since I'm going to be visiting you within a week or week and a half. That's right!! Yay! I can't wait, it'll be fun. I've already been telling Jayden all about her new friend Emmie.

K. Bitton said...

Hey we miss you guys! How are you guys? I love the picture of your family in front of the temple. How is Utah? Keep in touch

Walker Family said...

We miss haveing you guys as neighbors and having Emmie knock on the door before you leave anywhere! Your Allison is SO cute! We are so glad you guys bought a house. What fun!